2011年10月26日 星期三

Security Issues on mobile devices.

Smart phone users has increased a lot in the past few years and even now but lots of people noticed that the security issues on your mobile devices have also increased during the past few years. Usually when we want to use a program on our smart phone or iPad, lots of the software will require your current location. I remember that few years ago in UC San Diego, they want to develop a system that students using the smart phone on campus will show their current location. This might bring lots of inconveniences to people who aware of their personal privacy. Did the plan really launched? I didn’t continue following the news but I think the answers is NO. Maybe…

Smart phone and iPad users should be really careful when they are using it because it might not only violate your personal privacy and moreover, your personal information. Technologies bring us conveniences but also brought us many inconveniences. Always be aware about the new technologies’ launching. It’s like ying and yang that it can improve your life but also in the other side bring you new problems at the same time

Here’s some the tips that I read from someone’s blog talking about how to safely use your smartphone and mobile devices:

1. Use a pin to lock your phone.
2. Not store banking password on your phone.
3. Find a service that can locate and access and clean your data in the phone by
remotely control.

Workcited:
https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/13078-The-Rise-of-Smartphones-and-Related-Security-Issues.html

2 則留言:

  1. I have an Android and hate it. However, I haven't really experienced any security issues with it. I do have a synchronized lock on it. Maybe this is because I don't download additional software.

    回覆刪除
  2. i agree it is scary to have so much of your net life at anyone's fingertips. i don't have my bank password saved to my phone, but my username is. i also don't use a pin to unlock my phone. it is scary to thing that anyone could pic up my phone and be on my Facebook, in my email, or going trough y messages. but that's what the world is coming to. these tips are very useful this day in age.

    回覆刪除